Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

double up

I went to a retrostar warehouse sale and bought a cat skirt. Here are pictures (of the clothes) (and me in them)

close up

long skirt

red top skirt2

Look at me with my pseudo fashion blog: crappy bathroom pics and slung hips to boot. The skirt is long but I want to hem it up to where I'm holding it. It was $5, as were the two shirts that I am wearing. It's raining still everyone, in case you didn't know.

With regard to that boy who was shot by policemen, his story scares me because it sounds so familiar. Too many people I know could be that boy. It alarms me that a fifteen year old kid could decide he wants to stop living and to then go about it. It scares me how brutal it was or rather how brutally and fiercely he wanted to be killed. When I was walking through Melbourne Central this afternoon I looked down those square holes they have that run through all the levels of it and I contemplated what it would take to make me jump over the railing and let myself fall down to the bottom. I couldn't find anything in me that wanted to let go.

Did that boy know? Did he just think about there not being any more hurt and did he think that it would just be erased? Did he just want to join his dad? Was he just attention seeking? Did he have second thoughts?

Sometimes I just want to live my life in a little cocoon or a cupboard or a shower because it is so so very big and it aches.

2 comments:

  1. Oh susie: that story scares me too. I mean, why couldn't the police officer have shot him in the leg or something? Somewhere where it wouldn't have been fatal. Aren't they trained to do stuff like that? But I didn't know the boy was suicidal...

    On a more cheerful note, the skirt looks amazing hemmed! I love love LOVE it! good job, my lovey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess it's just my interpretation that he wanted to die. Apparently his dad died from cancer two years ago and he wasn't taking it well. Back stories always get me.
    Apparently he was threatening the lives of police officers and they needed to injure him significantly to stop so three of them shot at him. Surely there could have been more communication between them. It's just scary.

    ReplyDelete