Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Monday the 5th of July

My alarm went off at 7am, after a horrible night of not much sleep 0/10. I gave myself a half an hour to get ready before I left for my bus, so after throwing on my clothes, eating a piece of toast and a quick skype chat to Meliesha (who is in Italy!), I was off to work. It was freezing outside, but I was armed with ear muffs, a woolly scarf and gloves, take that winter! The bus was really toasty, and I listened to an old episode of the Doug Loves Movies podcast which featured Sarah Silverman and Brian Posehn 10/10. I arrived at work (the cattery) at 8am, there were a lot of cats in since it is now the holidays. I let the cats out of their cages and did lots of cleaning; one cat had diarrhea 2/10 (it's only 2/10 because I am now desensitized to cat poop in all its forms). There was a 20 week old siamese kitten called Lola who would not leave me alone, i.e. kept jumping up on my shoulders and purring; I wanted to take her home. I finished at 11am and caught the bus home, it was rainy and windy outside 0/10. When I got home, Sam and I went straight out again for lunch at One 2 One on Ponsonby Rd. Sam got a bagel with bacon, tomato and pesto, I got a roast vege salad with haloumi and aioli, and we shared a pot of English breakfast. The roast vege salad was 10/10 and so was the tea. After lunch we went to mag nation and I bought the latest issue of Frankie even though it was $13.50 4/10. Then we walked home in the rain because I forgot to bring the umbrella 0/10. A good part of the day was spent in bed watching various things such as this. Pretty much a lot of loafing happened 10/10. A bit later, I did some cleaning, then I watched The Simpsons and ate cereal because it was the only food we had in the house 8/10. Then we went grocery shopping, but stopped at Burger King along the way, I had a creamy mayo cheeseburger combo 7/10. During said grocery shopping, Sam and I had a minor disagreement regarding salt, he wanted to get rock salt and I wanted to get normal salt. We ended up getting both. After unpacking the groceries we watched the two new episodes of The IT Crowd which were 9/10. Then we talked a bit before going to sleep! Thus ends my Monday.

5 comments:

  1. I wish it would rain here! Where do you live that it's winter? It's summer where I am. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Auckland, New Zealand. It doesn't get as cold as a lot of places, but still cold enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ponsonby rd is the cutest name in the world. It reminds me of the posh parts in Melbs, just because of the name. Auckland has some pretty fierce wintryness. You realise it's nearly a year since I visited you?
    I love this day in review thing. We should do it once a month! I can't believe you have to be at the cattery at 8am though, that is BRUTAL. Today I woke up before 12pm and I am confused. But not as confused as I am about why some dickwad was playing music really loudly at 3am in the apartments next door. WHY??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Melb is pretty similar in Winter though. It's really not as cold as everywhere south of Auckland though. 8am is not that bad when you have lots of kitties to greet you, everyone else who works there gets there at 7.30!

    ReplyDelete