Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Saturday third of July in review

As per this week's task, I am reviewing my Saturday the third of July in the style of this guy David from Christchurch. My description isn't very enticing, but his blog is the complete opposite. So go look at it.

I woke up at about 11.56am yesterday because I heard my phone vibrating. I couldn't find it and I thought "why the hell is it always on silent and who is calling me"?? 3/10
The number was this girl Tamzin from SYN. I called her back and she told me I got a place on air to do my food show!! 10/10
I had to tell everyone about it so I updated my facebook where my friend Erin left me a message saying she noticed I didn't visit her at work last night. I called her and suggested we get coffee on Glenferrie road to make up for it. I met Erin at Mario's Coffee house and had coffee and lemon slice. The lemon slice was about 8/10, coffee probably 6/10. Erin returned my notebook and a black cardigan to me - 10/10!!! We chatted and did the hard crossword in the A2 with answers that always seem familiar but just out of reach 6/10. Then I needed to take Erin to homewares heaven aka The Works (basically a warehouse Bed Bath N Table) and we wandered around looking at lovely household items 8/10. Erin tried to find some new stuff to wear to work but couldn't find anything and then she had to go to work which was a lame 4/10. I went solo to Readings and looked at books and patted a really cute plush owl in the kids section for a bit 8/10 (it's amazing how much pleasure I get from simply looking at stuff).
6
Came home and wrote in the notebook that Erin returned to me for a good hour, tidied my room, edited a poem and organised my crate office 6.5/10. Made some sort of tasty burger concoction for dinner, 7.5/10. I watched Ratatouille (8/10 - totally awesome movie) and started to learn how to make granny squares with the help of the too cheery Pip Lincolne. I thank her muchly, but just wish she wasn't always talking in technicolour. Patronising demeanour gets 4/10, useful instructions get 9/10. I nearly finished one square by the time James Bond was finished and had to keep going so I watched Never Been Kissed and one episode of the Mighty Boosh to satiate my new crochet addiction 8/10. Then I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of things I wanted to do so I had to keep turning my lamp back on to write down ideas even though I knew I needed to sleep and was very very tired 4/10

And so you can rate my early attempts at crochet, here are some pictures of what I have made so far!!

close up grannies

granny squares

3 comments:

  1. your crochet bits are SO PRETTY. Please teach me. I've decided to start knitting again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also my captcha word was "schousy" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how he did the rating things so I'm glad you did it too :) I was going to do my review of today (Sunday) but it wasn't all that great so I might do it for tomorrow. Btw, I haven't talked to you for a while, come on skype every once and a while! Sweet crochet(ing?). I always find it weird that Patton Oswald is the voice of Remy the rat.

    ReplyDelete