Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday Morning

Sunday morning, there are street cleaners &
people are walking to get their coffee.
I am waiting for the first bus of the day,
with bleary eyes.
It is cold and people are hugging themselves.
Seven minutes until the 305.
Homeless people are drinking bourbon from cans
and trying to shelter from the rain.
I draw a picture of my hat in my notebook
for no reason.
A rainbow appears; despite everything today is a happy day &
I am cold but everything is nice.

1 comment:

  1. this morning on the train I felt such rage! there was this guy talking about work and it sounded like he worked for one of the big stadiums or something and all his concerns were so middle aged despite him appearing to be my age or something! I was just so angry because he was talking in this like really know it all 30 year old voice and it's like, if you're going to have a conversation loudly on the train, at least be something controversial or weird, don't be a stupid, annoying hack from a rich family who has no idea about music festivals. He was like complaining about how busy flemington gets when "the labour day" festival is on and his friend is like "is it on at night?" "nah it's on labour day" "but is it on at night?" fuck. I wanted to throw something. probably also because today was the earliest I've been out of the house in about three months.

    ReplyDelete