Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My 19th October a.k.a. 2 days before my hummus goes off

I woke up at 8am feeling very confused about a dream I had which consisted of me buying tickets to go see Mary J. Blige. It made me laugh so hard. I made toast for breakfast. Had to wear my polka dot dress because all of my jeans were in the wash. I like dressing more boyish than girlish because paradoxically it makes me feel more feminine. Got my bus to Britomart, and as far as I'm aware, nothing of note happened during this time. I caught my next bus to the AUT Akoranga campus where I had a class. Akoranga campus is way more chill than city campus and I like it a lot. I met my friend and we got Subway. I bought a mini sub because I was amazed that they had them and also I like child-sized portions. When I walked into the lecture theatre a Seal (the singer, not the animal) song was playing loudly and it was pretty alarming in general. It was our last abnormal psychology lecture (N.B. abnormal psychology is the study of mental disorders), and a lady from the Like Minds, Like Mine campaign came to talk to us. It was probably the best lecture I've ever had in my whole university life. She talked about her own personal experience of mental illness (she has previously been diagnosed with 8 disorders) and it was really moving. She also said that there are positive things about mental illness which I thought was pretty true. I think that mental health awareness is important, and I find most people don't really understand mental illness at all. After that, our lecturer talked about our exam and we got our marks back for our presentations. I got an A, no big. After class, Sarah and I had lunch, I got a mini falafel and rice and it was probably the best thing I've eaten in a while. Then I went to the library and studied for a few hours before venturing to the cafe for snacks. I got some cashews and an apple. I ran into my friend Xinia who studies dance. I sat with her for 20 minutes or so and then I went back to the library. At 5 I caught the bus to the city and met up with my friend who had made me carrot cake. It was really yum / thoughtful. Then I met Sarah in the library and we were there until 8.30pm. We didn't get much work done, but we ate approx. 2/3 of the cake. I got dropped home and resolved something that I was really nervous about. Then I did some study but got distracted and starting watching Zach Galifianakis stand up. I continued to study until about 1am and before bed I got really nervous about something else (see: pattern), but the sound of rain quickly sent me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment