Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

yesterday i went to see best coast

getting there made 2 mistakes: thought it Shepherd's Bush was on the district line. it is not, so I stood like a dingus staring at the tube map at Victoria and then just asked the guard how to get to there

wore my "flatform" shoes because they are a) comfy and b) make me real tall so I knew I would be able to see over tallies good

was concerned about getting home from the gig midweek, had to check last trains home and at the station some Americans asked me how to get to the Picadilly line, suckas

got there, bought a "gaymers" cider (really?)

wanted to buy a best coast tshirt with a bear on it. I like to buy merch at concerts because I download most of the music I listen to and one time I heard that bands make most of their money from concerts anyway (y/n?), the girl at the merch desk was nice and interacted with me in a friendly way which i appreciated

dithered trying to work out where to sit, just ended up pushing halfway into the crowd. going to gigs alone is good because you can just smoosh yourself in anywhere. i got pretty close to the front, had a legit view, was standing near some sort of eastern european lot

i missed the opening acts because i had stayed at home watching the hairy biker's 'mum knows best'

best coast came on and they were really flat for about 15 minutes i thought, it seemed like the sound was pretty crap and i felt upset and i could see people enjoying it more than me and i thought "why am i not enjoying this" and then thought about what i would write when i could write about it

bethany's hair was less red than i thought it was irl

the encore was probably the best part, they came back on and played "i want to" and i sang really loudly like the biggest dingus in the park, just really got into it. they did a cover of fleetwood mac's song "storms" which was utterly stunning and it was like omg, this is why i love this band

the band that supported them came out and they did a cover of blink 182's song "damages" and that was also pretty enjoyable

they finished, lights came on, i waited for the crowd to disperse and rolled a cig to the left side of the stage where i could see two teenage girls fighting for the set list. one of the girls ripped off a corner and scurried back to her friend, they probably both posted about it on tumblr (just had that thought, impulsively, should i look up a picture of the set list on tumblr? feel intrigued about this)

walked home feeling pretty good about everything, just wanted to sing "summer mood" at the top of my lungs. realised how tired i was getting train to clapham junction and the overground was being shit and some trains just didn't appear and it really sucked,,,,,, i wrote emo things in my notebook on the stairs at clapham junction ,,,,,, my flatmate was high when i got home, her eyes were red and she said "i'm watching a really good darren aronofsky film"

No comments:

Post a Comment