Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

people i have worked with this year

call centre

2 hip looking dudes who were cousins, kind of had a crush on one of them via having a cute name and being into good music and good at drawing. always used to steal cigarettes off them

one of my bosses was a cool guy who would send funny messages like "get out of here" and once left a post it note on my monitor going "hey susie! go home!" so i got to go home early, he was a nicey

another boss was called roland and he was reportedly in a band, he had really long hair that he would sometimes wear out like, he had a pointy chin and a bear and a moustache and honestly i think the line between musician and wizard was pretty thin

at the back of the office near the kitchen was the european part of our work and there were loads of interesting looking people there, by that i mean goth types

lots of nice nigerian girls, one of them was a real devout christian girl who got the same train as me and sort of seemed really empowered but also kind of had her head in the clouds maybe, i don't know. she used to give me snacks

babe guy who had blue eyes and always wore white shirts and had a nice leather bag, leather brogues and generally was just gorgeous. he worked like a proper job within the call centre, not just a phone interviewing job like me

secret cinema thing

german girl who had a dutch accent and seemed pretty surly

cute american girl from brooklyn, my style/life icon for a couple of weeks there. she seemed like a lil go getter

the volunteer coordinator, an italian girl who referred to us all as darling or dear. she had nice dresses

babe irish/asian girl who sounded american. we became real close for one day which seemed weird but awesome. she somehow encouraged some extroversion out of me, it was odd

random girl with the name soleil who insisted on adding me on facebook and then we never had the same volunteer shift again

internship

my really hot russian manager. never gave me enough work but was a sweet gal

pervy romanian guy with a really hot (now) wife and incidentally the same name as my mum

roguish tubby guy from the west country, seems like he's quite good at his job for being only a couple of years older than me

just lots of weird couples at this place of work, i could go into it but it sort of is boring. other good character at this work include nice german lady who lives in the same suburb as me and just is a really elegant/awesome person. another worthy mention is simon who met his nice girlfriend on the internet and they are just totes in love and they went to see coldplay together, but sincerely

music festival

see 'comprehensive recap of great escape fest' for full details

craft studios open day

i spent most of the day decorating ceramic hearts with a tall chubby couple. seems like their identity is very couple esque, they were talking about 'we' all the time and were one of those couples who seem to always talk about their history together to strangers. i guess that just means they are in love and are just like a packaged deal when it comes to life now, but i seem to meet a lot of people like that and i don't know, it is sort of weird to me that people always talk about their couple-ness to me. i am not a threat guys.

the lady who made the tiles was really surly and prickly although she did give me some sort of candy, can't remember what it was. actually by the end of the day she loaned me 20p which was pretty nice of her

the girl who ran the craft open day gave me a free anzac biscuit (or i guess it was a flapjack) and it was odd because we were sort of carrying on like we knew each other but really she just interviewed me for a job that i didn't get

also the lady who runs the whole organisation was really thankful and nice to me even though i basically just sat around making stuff the whole day

hung out with an american printmaker girl in a kids craft area later in the day, made some olympic medals and felt awkward around kids

current job

in the office there are usually 2 other men who never talk to me apart from to say hi and maybe like one other time a day to ask me some sort of work related query, they seem fairly dece though. i mean the office is awkward as frick but i don't mind, usually i just listen to music and type a lot

my boss is a beastly kind of human and i do not like him because he talks patronisingly to me most of the time. people tell me it's normal to hate your boss but i have never hated a boss before and it feels like i shouldn't work for someone whose goals i don't understand. (ethics)

No comments:

Post a Comment